Agios Minas

This tiny village in the western part of Zagorohoria, has a huge, albeit sad, history: according to historians, here lay the rich byzantine town of Revnico, completely destroyed by the Ottomans in 1385.

Rebuild in the 1700s, it was again destroyed, this time because of a feud between two local families. Finally, during World War II the village was burned down, this time by the Germans.

Still, the area around this unfortunate village features amazing vistas from the Kastraki mountaintop and a beautiful footpath leading to the Voidomatis river valley and the homonymous stone bridge.